Wednesday, October 27, 2010

One moment please.....

This year I decided that I wanted to do something special for my friends and yours that have been affected by breast cancer. I wanted to do something to celebrate my ladies lives where it was beautiful and full of life just as them and that it was also hard and challenging just as all of their lives have been. I learned of this hike thru the McDowell Regional Park in Fountain Hills with all its beauty, splendor as well as its hills and challenges, I knew this was the place.

The women I am walking for are those beautiful and victorious in every way. My sweet friend Noelle or "Nono" fought this battle and her final victory was when she left this world and went home on 8/1/2010. She is an amazing lady who inspired me to live life, take challenges and dream big. And my sweet high school friend Susan, she has finished her chemo, and is working towards getting whole again. I love her so much. She has gone through her treatments, tests, surgeries with such grace. I love hearing her talk about when we were all young(er) it amazes me of the stories she remembers.

On March 19, 2011, I am going to hike through Arizona's McDowell Mountain Regional Park with the Joanne Wood March Madness for Mammaries Hike. This hike helps support the Breast Cancer Fund and The Wellness Community—Arizona. But 100% of the proceeds will help fight this terrible disease.

Will you help me in making a difference?

http://prevention.breastcancerfund.org/goto/debs

I'll train and hike and do my part. I’ll keep you up to date in my progress.

Together we can make a difference in this fight.
Thank you so much.

Love,
Debs

0 Comments: